Selling Personal Property
Adam’s Auctions offers two ways to handle the sale of ‘non’ real estate-related items. If you have personal property, household items, vehicles, equipment, property contents, excess inventory or other miscellaneous items, our “Multiple Estate and Consignment Auction” is the thing for you! It is the perfect solution when you do not have enough items to warrant your own auction, we bring several sellers together and create one big online only auction, reaching a global buyers audience that puts your property in front of thousands of bidders.
Type of Items Offered For Auction:
- Furniture (Antique, Fine and Casual)
- Household Items
- Glassware (all types)
- Lawn & Garden Equipment
- Home Décor Items
- Vehicles & Small Tractors
- And Much More!
(This list is representative of the items available at each weekly auction; however, certain items may not be available at every auction). Items offered are from multiple estates and also items brought in by the public.
The public may bring items to sell at the auction, but must call to schedule drop off.
- Items to be sold must be brought to the St. Clair County Event Center the WEDNESDAY before the auction between 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Call the office before coming in to make sure there is table space available. 618-234-8751
- Come to the Event Center to sign paperwork.
- Once you have talked with an Adam’s representative and have signed a contract, they will instruct you where to unload your items. You are responsible for unloading your items.
- No reserves are allowed except on vehicles and tractors or larger equipment.
- Any estate items that do not sell can be disposed of by the auction company; items can be returned to the estate.
- Consignors: We do accept Consignments of all kinds, But retain the right to refuse any items.
- Fees for public consignments: Consigner Fee and Commission may be applicable.
General Rules for Public Consignments
- Auction company may decline a consignor base on quality of items
- No reserves allowed except on vehicles and larger tractors or equipment
- Auction company not responsible for lost or stolen items
*7-10 business days following the auction, a check, minus commission and applicable fees, is mailed to consignor, along with an itemized listed of items sold and sale prices.
Pick Up Service
We are equipped with crews to pack, load, haul, and store your items in preparation for an upcoming consignment auction. Leave the work to us and we will simplify the process for you.
Arrangements must be made in advance to use this service, please call the main office at (618) 234-8751 to request a staff member to view your items and discuss a price. Fees for this service include the pickup fee determined by an Adam’s representative and 30% commission on the sale price of all items.
The second option for handling the sale of ‘non’ real estate-related items is an on-site auction. These auctions are held only if warranted and determined by auction company staff to be the appropriate method of selling your items. On-site auctions will only be held if the quantity and quality of the items warrants a private auction.