Selling Personal Property
Adam’s Auctions offers two ways to handle the sale of ‘non’ real estate-related items. If you have personal property, household items, vehicles, equipment, property contents, excess inventory or other miscellaneous items, our “Multiple Estate and Consignment Auction” is the thing for you! It is the perfect solution when you do not have enough items to warrant your own auction, we bring several sellers together and create one big auction!
An Overview of the Multiple Estate & Consignment Auction
Date Held: The SECOND and FOURTH THURSDAY of every month. Watch our home page for all upcoming auctions.
Time: Auction begins at 5:00 p.m.
Place: St. Clair County Event Center, 1550 E State Route 15, Belleville, IL 62221 (Just East of Eckerts)
Rings: Multiple Rings going at once (between 2-5 rings)
Buyer Fees: $0 to obtain a bid card; 10% Buyer’s Premium on all items purchased
Seller Fees: See “Public Consignments” and Pick Up Service” below
Type of Items Offered For Auction:
- Furniture (Antique, Fine and Casual)
- Household Items
- Glassware (all types)
- Lawn & Garden Equipment
- Home Décor Items
- Vehicles & Small Tractors
- And Much More!
(This list is representative of the items available at each monthly auction; however, certain items may not be available at every auction)
Items offered are from multiple estates that Adam’s Auctions has picked up during the month and also items brought in by the public.
The public may bring items to sell at the auction, but must following these guidelines:
- Items to be sold must be brought to the St. Clair County Event Center the WEDNESDAY before the auction between 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm.
- Come to the Event Center to check in, sign paperwork and obtain a lot number.
- Once you have talked with an Adam’s representative and have a lot number, they will instruct you where to unload your items. You are responsible for unloading, setting up and making sure your lot number is clearly visible for all items.
- No reserves are allowed except on vehicles and tractors or larger equipment.
- Any items that do not sell will be disposed of by the auction company; no items will be returned to the seller.
- If there is a large amount of items left on your table the auction company will assess a $75 trash fee. We do not accept Couches, Recliners or any Upholstered Furniture; Wooden Office Furniture & Entertainment Centers; Televisions other than Flat Screens; Tires or Flamable Liquids.
- There will be a $100 deposit at time of registration for Large Items & Furniture. Deposit will be refunded if all your items sell.
- You are encouraged to attend the auction if you are selling items.
- Fees for public consignments: Space Rental Fee and Commission
Space Rental Fees:
$10 per 8’ table indoors
$25 per 10’ x 10’ space outdoors under cover
Furniture items case-by-case; generally $1 per item
Minimum $25 consignment fee
Sliding scale, generally averages out to be 25% of sale price of all items.
- General Rules for Public Consignments
1.) Auction company may decline a consignor base on quality of items
2.) No reserves allowed except on vehicles and larger tractors or equipment
3.) Auction company not responsible for lost or stolen items
- 7-10 business days following the auction, a check, minus commission and applicable fees, is mailed to consignor, along with an itemized listed of items sold and sale prices.
Pick Up Service
We are equipped with crews to pack, load, haul, and store your items in preparation for an upcoming consignment auction. Leave the work to us and we will simplify the process for you.
Arrangements must be made in advance to use this service, please call the main office at (618) 234-8751 to request a staff member to view your items and discuss a price. Fees for this service include the pickup fee determined by and Adam’s representative and 25% commission on the sale price of all items.
The second option for handling the sale of ‘non’ real estate-related items is an on-site auction. These auctions are held only if warranted and determined by auction company staff to be the appropriate method of selling your items. On-site auctions will only be held if the quantity and quality of the items warrants a private auction.